Awnings are a great way to add some color to your patios or the backyard. It doesn’t require a whole lot of budget and you can make a home improvement in an economical way. These days you can invest in different kinds of awnings, from retractable ones to even motorized ones. If you are installing an awning for the first time it might seem quite difficult for you. However something as simple as measuring carefully and ensuring that the brackets are at the right level and can help you install your awning as safely as possible.
Taking measurements before awning installations
- Start by measuring the entire length of the area where you want to hang the awning. Divide that number to get the exact center of it. You should mark this area with the help of a felt tip pen. for example if you want to cover an area of 6 feet or so the division of it in half would be around three feet.
- The next step is to measure the entire length of the awning and again divide by 2 to get its exact center. This too should be marked with the help of a pen.
- You would require the help of another person to help you lift up the awning before it is to be installed. You would need to draw a straight line which is in the exact position where you want to place the awning.
- The awning comes along with two or three brackets which are mounted on the walls before installation. The straight line which you have drawn should act as your guide as you hold of the brackets at the end and in the middle. It is important that the brackets are lined up exactly the same position. For this you may need to use a tape measure or anything else with a straight edge.
Attaching the hardware for the awnings
- You need to begin by drilling holes so that you can mount the brackets. It is best to use a 12 millimeter drill bit. It should be kept in mind that the drilling for different materials is done with the help of different drills. For example you need to use a different drill for bricks and another one for stucco.
- The brackets need to be installed with the help of a screw and a screwdriver. You might need to attach a nut and washer to each of the screws. Read the instructions carefully to see what part of hardware goes in which place.
- The next step is to lift the awnings and place it on the brackets. However, you would require the help of a second person for this part. When installing the awning on to the brackets it is important that you make sure that it fits snugly as possible. You may either need to use a bolt or A screw to attach the awnings on to the brackets.
- Next make use of the long metal handle to extend your awning to get the shade which you prefer.
Have your awnings installed by Dolomite Awnings Gold Coast for a professional finish.